Norsjø Youth Center is located in the middle of Telemark (in Akkerhaugen, Sauherad), in a beautiful, family-friendly environment with a breathtaking view over the lake Norsjø. Telemark is a region full of history, pleasant people and great natural and cultural experiences. Short distance to attractions like the Telemark Canal, Norsjø Cablepark for wakeboard and water-skis, Bø Sommarland waterpark, Lifjell hiking area and other activities and sights.
Norsjø Youth Centre is suitable for individuals, families and groups, as well as for courses, conferences, anniversaries, etc.
Accommodation capacity is about 90 beds (ten 4-bedded rooms with shower/WC in the room + eleven 4-bed and one 3-bed room with shower/WC in the hallway). You can either contact Norsjø Youth Center directly for booking, or via the booking site booking.com (under the name Norsjø Hostel).
Norsjø Youth Center was built in 1964 and has been substantially reconstructed in recent years. Norwegian Lutheran Mission (NLM) owns the place and its main objective is to reach children with the Gospel of Jesus.
Quiet, relaxing, family-friendly, great swimming grounds, canoe rental, soccer area, tarzan swings, trampolines, etc. It’s just a short trip to the canal boat MS Telemark, which travels the Telemark canal, and to Bø Sommarland.
Activites at Norsjø Youth center
- Playground equipment
- Activity room (pingpong table, airhockey)
- Football field
- Volleyball field
- Swimming area
- Fishing possibilites
- Hiking/cycling possibilites
- Number of rooms for conference guests: 22
- Number of meeting rooms: 3
- Max number of seating (tables and chairs set up as a banquet room): 150
- Max number of seating (chairs set up as a movie theater): 160
- Free parking outside.
- Access to a washing machine and a tumble dryer upon payment.
- Possible to order breakfast and other types of food-serving.
- Creditcards: Visa and MasterCard.
- Group discounts.
- Bed for babies/infants available.